Final Superintendent Candidates are Second in Commands from Large Metro School Districts
MAHTOMEDI, MN - The Mahtomedi School Board completed six interviews for the open Superintendent of Schools position over the past two days. The six final candidates were chosen from a pool of thirty two applicants. The Mahtomedi School District stated "these individuals, with solid experience as education leaders, provide strong choices to the district." The candidates are:
- Ronald Wagner, Associate Superintendent - Minneapolis Public Schools;
- Michael Johnson, Assistant Superintendent - South Washington County Schools;
- Barbara Duffrin, Executive Director of Educational Services - Farmington Area Public Schools;
- Steven Troen, Executive Director of Teaching and Learning - Rosemount-Apple Valley-Eagan Public Schools;
- Emily McDonald, Assistant Superintendent - Lakeville Area Public Schools; and
- Andrew Collins, Assistant Superintendent - Saint Paul Public Schools.
Interview questions from the Mahtomedi School Board Members ranged from topics on feelings about standardized test scores, use of technology in schools, open enrollment, the reputation of the school district and the ability to help pass the local property tax referendum in the fall. The final round of interviews will be held Monday, May 7th, at the Mahtomedi Public Schools District Education Center.